Eight Week Curiculum
for adults and older teens
Natural Understanding (19:04)
What are Our Emotions? (6:53)
The Will is Chairman of the Board (11:50)
The Search Engine (25:22)
The Three Cognitive Functions of the Mind (24:03)
What are Strongholds? (19:46)
Three Categories of Pleasurable Emotions (10:32)
The Three Categories of Warning Emotions (7:20)
What Should We Think About? (27:13)
The Function of the Mind in Worship (42:50)
Reading Our Emotions (29:16)
An Exercise in Reading Your Indicators (9:18)
Fear, a Unique Emotion (9:43)
Anger and Sadness (14:29)
A Lesson in Processing a Current Event File (14:19)
Emotions of Pleasure as Emotions of Warning (7:47)
The Will is the Internal Switch (19:25)
The Danger in Choosing Not to Worship (21:16)
Suggested Class Structure
(based on an approximate 1:00 class time)
1. Opening - Welcome, worship, announcements, etc. (5:00)
2. Watch video(s) (30 - 50 min)
3. Group discussion - divide into groups of 3 or 4, and take turns commenting on the discussion questions
4. Close in prayer and dismiss
These handouts are provided to help each student reinforce the pertinent points of each week. They are in a "fill-in-the-blank" format. All blanks are answered in the videos in the order they are asked. Each student should write in the blanks as they view the videos. A short time at the end of each video should be given tor students to ask for answers they missed.
You will find each handout in both a .pdf file as well as a .docx file for your convenience. Please print these handouts out each week, and copy them for your students. We suggest that you hole punch them for a 3-ring binder, and encourage everyone to bring a binder to keep their handouts in. if the students use a binder with a clear plastic pocket on the cover, they can use the poster provided for an identifying cover for their binder.
30 Second Promo Video
Show this vide in your main church service for two or three weeks before the class starts. Either tag onto this video with the dates, times, and place, or have someone announce that information verbally. It is always a good idea to coordinate any announcement with church bulletin inserts as well.
Poster and Flyers:
If you right click on your mouse on the poster or flyers, you have the option to save image as to your computer, so you can print them out. The posters will look better if you print them in color before posting them. The sheet of flyers can be printed out once in color or grayscale, and photocopied. Each paper should be cut into fourths. You can use these flyers as bulletin inserts and handouts.
If you use this study,...
1. Please write us a quick email, and let us know when you plan to use this material. Our email addresses are on the contact us page.
2. YOU HAVE NO OBLIGATION to pay any money to use this material! If it has helped you, consider making a donation to our ministry. We suguest that you simply take up a "free-will" offering on the last day of class. Make checks payable to The Worship College, and mail to 1616 W. 33rd St. N., Wichita, KS 67204.
3. Please write a review of the material for us, and ask your class to rate the material on the last day of class, and send their thoughts to us. You can have them rate this course material out of 5 stars, if that is the simplest for you.